Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Mid-Year Review - Best of 2011 (Thus Far)



In my typical fashion, since it's the end of June, I thought I'd compile a list of the books I've read so far this year that really impressed me. Keep in mind that there'll be quite a few more YA titles than in other categories, simply because I've read more of them in terms of volume compared to adult and children's books. Since I don't have a rating system (ratings are subjective anyway), you'll have to skim the reviews to see if these will impress you as much as they did me. These are in no particular order, and the books aren't all necessarily published in 2011 (but most are), I just happened to read them in 2011.

Children's



1. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making - Catherynne M. Valente

2. Forge - Laurie Halse Anderson

3. The Lost Hero - Rick Riordan

4. The Thirteen Treasures Series - Michelle Harrison (The Thirteen Treasures, The Thirteen Curses, and The Thirteen Secrets


Adult



1. The Weird Sisters - Eleanor Brown


Young Adult



1. Revolution - Jennifer Donnelly

2. Grace - Elizabeth Scott

3. Some Girls Are - Courtney Summers

4. Blood Red Road - Moira Young

5. Fall For Anything - Courtney Summers

6. Plague - Michael Grant

7. Hush - Eishes Chayil

8. Divergent - Veronica Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment